Sunday, September 23, 2007

Say Hello to Valdryk


This little cutie is Valdryk. He won't be born until January, but he's a Marine Corps Kid.
The name Valdryk is a Norse name meaning "warrior", and he has earned the name with his struggle to survive through a difficult pregnancy.
Valdryk's mommy sent me this e-mail:

Thank you so much for all you do. I do a lot of volunteer work for the government and am usually on the "giving" end of this all so this is a new unique experience for me. I am so extremely grateful and thankful. Since I have not been able to work my normal job due to my health and preserving Valdryk's it has caused such a strain on our family. I can't wait until he is born and safe in his little bassinet so I can contribute once again wholly and financially to my family.

My husband has been such an angel I am truly blessed. He is a wonderful Marine, I am a former Marine so I guess that makes me qualified to say that, ha ha..

Thank you and every one for your care and concern. It is tough being a military family at times. We have lost so many friends in Iraq leaving behind children lately, it's been a little harder on our family with a new baby coming. I can see the hurt in my husbands eyes whenever any one mentions to my husband about missing the birth. That in itself is an entire different combat battle. The thoughtfulness of yourself and
others is really helping our family pull through this. Just knowing others care means so much to us.

My husband and I are Ordained Ministers and we pray so deeply for every one who opens their hearts to others they do not even know. You
are truly saints in the making. God Bless you and thank you so much for
your email and every thing you do.

Sincerely,
Mandy

Valdryk's parents and his brother and sisters are waiting for his arrival, and when he gets here, Operation Marine Corps Kids will send a special package to welcome him.

No comments: