Thursday, July 4, 2013

Catching up

As some of you know, my husband was diagnosed with Appendicial Cancer in January. I stayed by his side until his death on April 20th. As a result, I did not do any work on Marine Corps Kids. Many packages arrived during those months, and were put aside unopened.
On June 9th, a group of dear friends came over to help me open those boxes, sort them out, and start making new gift bundles for the babies. My friends were all in awe of the incredible talent and generosity of our donors (note - these are all friends from my own knitting group - so their compliments mean a lot). For the first time, they got to see exactly what we do in MCK, and just how amazing all of our donors are.



So, to Pauline from OR, Michelle from IL, Eileen from CA,
Libby from WA, Deb from CA, Lizzy from MT, Cyndy, Bernadette from British Columbia, Martha from OK, Ruth from OR, The crafters from the Baptist Church in South Bend, OR, Mary from GA, Stephanie from KS, Nancy from MN, Marilyn from CA, Pat from TX, All the crafters from Oregon, Karen from WI, Janet from WI, Christen from OR, Diane from OH, Iris from MS, The Gracie's Gowns group from VA, Marlene from MI, Michelle from IL, Trisha from OK, and the Sassy Stitcher Group in Oregon.....THANK YOU!!!! Everything that you sent is beautiful and so appreciated.

I posted the photos of all the donations in an album on Facebook.  I believe (but an not sure) that everyone can view the photos at this link.  We tried to be very careful to photograph all of the items and to properly credit each crafter, but I know we made some mistakes.  If you see anything that is not properly credited, please comment below and let me know. 

Thank you all, and thanks to my wonderful friends who helped me with this wonderful and monumental task. I could not have tackled this project with a great deal of help from my wonderful friends, Maryanne, Ellen, Juca, Sarah, Nikki and Sue.

No comments: