Friday, August 28, 2009

Here's Looking at You, Lynn!






Lynn from Tucson, AZ is one of Marine Corps Kids post prolific crafters. Over the years, Lynn has sent well over 2,000 hats for the babies. In addition to her adorable hats, Lynn has donated other gift items.

I recently asked Lynn a few questions about her crafting:

What brought you to Marine Corps Kids?
Surfing the web trying to find someone who wanted my hats where I was sending them didn't want them anymore. So it was amazing that I found you considering I'm not a big computer user. I am honored to be able to send what I can.

How long have you been crocheting, and how did you learn?
I learned when I was in High School, so let's say too many years to count.

I have affectionately referred to you as "Marine Corps Kids' Mad Hatter". Over the years you have probably donated well over 2,000 baby hats. How quickly can you crochet a cap? What is the most you have crocheted in a day?
The simple hats take about an hour. The girl hats take about two hours. I think the most [I made in a day] was 20.



When you aren't crocheting, how do you enjoy to spend your free time?
I don't have free time I'm chasing Grandbabies. (Lynn has adorable twin granddaughters)


How big is your yarn stash? Are you a SABLE* crafter? (*Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy)

Right now about 4 large rubbermaid boxes full. You don't want to know how many boxes of fabric I have.


If you had $100 for a shopping spree at your favorite craft store, what would be in your shopping basket?

Yarn of course.


No waffling on this one: Coffee or Tea?

Tea



Finish the sentence: In the kitchen I make a great
fried chicken


Have you or any of your family served in the armed forces?
Dad was in the Army and my baby brother was in the Navy




Thank you, Lynn, for all you do to support Marine Corps Kids and for giving us this opportunity to get to know you a little better!

No comments: