Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Very Merry Family Christmas


It's been some time since I first posted about our Army Family, and we received many beautiful donations to send to all the kids.

The box has been packed and ready to go, but we have been waiting for Dad to write to us with the address. As I mentioned, dad is on active duty with the Army in Afghanistan, and we haven't heard from him in a few weeks. I was starting to get nervous. Well we just received a message from Dad and he is at home in Germany with his new family for some well deserved R&R!

According to Dad, "the kids are doing great and adjusting well. I told them I'd take take them sledding, but unfortunately I got sick when I got [to Germany] so we had to cancel the trip to Garmisch. We went to Nurnberg Zoo the other day, which was great except for the cold. We got to watch a dolphin show."

How wonderful that they will get to spend their first Christmas as a family together!!!

I'm printing an address label now, and our package will be shipping on Monday. It won't arrive in time for Christmas, but it will be there to help this family ring in 2008 together.

Thanks again to everyone who sent donations for this family, and for all our Marine Corps Kids Families! This month we sent a record number of packages!

I wish a very happy holiday to all our military families and to all our generous donors who continue to support the efforts of Operation Marine Corps Kids. And to this special family in Germany - Best Wishes for a Wonderful Holiday and for a lifetime of happiness together!!

No comments: