Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Such an outpouring of generosity!


Many thanks to everyone who is showing interest in donating to Operation Marine Corps Kids, and to all those who are helping to spread the word about our mission. The outpouring of generosity has been truly heartwarming.

Just today I received numerous e-mails from people who want to donate. Many people are making hats, blankets and toys for the kids, we've had several monetary donations, and my sister sent me a huge box filled with all the yarn shown above so that I can make more things to send to the babies.

We've sent many hats and blankets for the three baby girls that where born in the past few weeks and for the dozens more that are expected in the next few months. With the wonderful response that I'm seeing from charitable crafters, we'll have many more things to donate!

Just as the word is passing amongst crafters, the word seems to be passing through the Marine Corps family organizations. So many women will be giving birth while their husbands are serving overseas. I hope we'll be able to send gifts to all of them!


Thank you all for your generosity and support!

No comments: